ARCHITECTURE STUDY TRIP - HANGZHOU AND SHANGHAI, CHINA

Hello everyone,

I start to open this page and have my courage to start writing again. I feel nervous and overwhelmed. It's been a long time, too many things to say, I don't know where to start. feels like I almost forgot how to tell things. when actually all I gotta do is just.. write it down. and I should've just known it.

How was your day? Hope it's pretty amazing. So here we go, a new post of a gorgeous memorable moment in the world's most populated country, China.

It was my first visit to this bustling city, and I’ll never forget how intimidating it felt the first time I ventured to this City. Crowds gathered to take selfies with the iconic backdrop, sellers tried to hawk catalogs of shoddy goods and massages with benefits, and I stumbled my way through the visit in appalling unorganized fashion. I am so happy and glad to participating in this Architectural Study Trip with ARCHICENTRE SDN BHD & DTLM DESIGN GROUP SDN BHD. Thank you so much for the person in charge, especially to my ex Director, Dr. Tan Loke Mun, Ar. Ng Hai Yean & Mr. Teoh with your kind and Mayflower tour group attempting my first China visit - Architecture Study Trip. Yay!


 










It's nice to be back, I can't hide it. You guys are the spirit.

Sorry for spamming the beautiful photo of me! Kidding! Hahha so yah! Here's some of the photo of me when I was In China with my collegue! I had so much fun here, I swear the Architectural trip is better than Shopping trip. You will know more about the country and everything in specific, plus you will appreciate more with all the touch and sense which in malay we call asal usul, adat dan tatasusila.


Where did I go?

Over the space of 6 Days, 5 Nights, there's a lot of travelling involved and I really enjoyed it even penat sikit heheh. One thing I would say is really would need to add an extra night in Shanghai, many to explore! So, here is the itinerary of my travelling from KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA > HANGZHOU, CHINA > SHANGHAI, CHINA > KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, I hope it's help for anyone of you that are currently thinking or planning to visit China.

Day 1
KUALA LUMPUR > HANGZHOU
  • Assemble at LCCT (Air Asia X)
  • Depart for Hangzhou, China
  • Arrival into Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, where you proceed to immigration & custom clearence.
  • Proceed to Qiangjiang CBD of Hangzhou, Architectures visit includes of Congress Centre Hangzhou, the concept and design of the facade was made by Peter Ruge Architekten in collaboration with Prof Wang Xiaosong from DBH GmbH, next to the Hangzhou Internatinal Conference Centre & International Hotel design by Master Architect Xia Bangjie, is  a multipurpose landmark building & Hangzhou Grand Theatre, an Opera House designed by the Canadian architect, Carlos Ott.
  • After dinner, proceed to Zhongshuge Bookstore, a unique bookstore filled with optical illusions, designed by XL-MUSE
Day 2
HANGZHOU
  • Today, start with architectures visit includes of, China Academy of Art - Xiangshan Central Campus & Hangzhou Folk Museum
  • Visit to the Hu Xueyan's Former Residence, a local celebrity, one of the ricest and most famous businessmen in Qing Dynasty
  • Cruise on the idylic and inspirational West Lake
  • Strollling at Qinghefang Ancient Street, with buildings built in the architectural style of the Song Dynasty. The street is lined with shops, restaurant, alleyways and courtyards that represent the rich cultural heritage of Hangzhou.
  • Experience an unparalleled open air performance ~ Impression of West Lake, is an astonishing cultural performance that takes place right on the surface of the water, combining music, dance and light effects all againts a stunning natural backdrop
Day 3
HANGZHOU > ZHUJIAJIAO > SHANGHAI
  • This morning, heading towards Zhujiajiao, is an ancient water town. The roots of the town date back 1,700 years. Numerous bridges from Ming and Qing Dynasty span the many canals, streams and rivers. At the entrance to the old town, the Museum for Humanities and Arts is established as a new cultural centre. 
  • Afterward, proceed to Sky SOHO, a new office development designed by the Zaha Hadid as a Landmark for the area.
  • Visit to Shanghai Museum of urban planning modern museum covers Shanghai's urban planning history, tracing its developement from swampy fishing  village to modern-day megacity.
  • Passing by Pots 1961 Flagship Store, a high-end fashion house with 3D glass facade.
  • Photo stop at The Bund.
  • Shopping at Nanjing Road, the most famous shooping district in Shanghai.


Day 4
SHANGHAI
  • This morning, start with architecture visit to Himalayas Museum, an urban landmark and it is designed to be a multi-functional cultural complex. Designed by Japanese architect - Arata Isozaki.
  • Next, visit to Poly Grand Theater, designed by Tadao Ando, A Pritzker Prize winning architect carves tunnels through a concrete and glass box to create a bold theater complex for a burgeoning district in Shanghai.
  • Explore to Cheng Huan Miao, is the commonest, attractive place and shopping corner for visitors.
  • Experience the worlds fastest elevator up to the Shanghai Tower - observation deck (118th floor) Designed by Gensler and owned by the Shanghai's goverment.
  • Photo stop at China Pavilion, the magnificient building of Expo 2010.
  • Photo stop at Shanghai Oriental Art Centre, designed by French's Architect - Paul Andreu. The five hemispherical halls connected together make the whole construction appear like shinning butterfly.
Day 5
SHANGHAI > KUALA LUMPUR
  • Free and easy

Day 6
SHANGHAI > KUALA LUMPUR
  • Transfer to Airport for departure flight.
  • Arrival Kuala Lumpur
  • Home sweet home!

I really enjoyed about the tour was having everything taken care of, as I said above, nah.. now you can planning your own China trip can be pretty exhausting. Now, I was initially looking to do it solo, I found the train booking particularly confusing, but I brave enough to face it since I’ve been on a tour and seen how the country works, I would feel more confident arranging my next visit without a tour.

I can't wait to visit Hangzhou & Shanghai, China again!

I think, I would say is you really would need to add an extra night and visit Hong Kong at the end to make the most of visiting, and potentially an additional first night in Beijing if the time I possible, and my leave approved by my current company lah! hahaha.

No comments: